7" of snow here in Nashville today!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by crazygator, Jan 16, 2003.

1. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Well they said we were gonna get some snow, maybe 1-3". Wow were they really off......again.
    Anywhere from 6-8" around the city of Nashville. Everything shut down big time too. People have been in traffic 4-6 hours. Heck they cant even drive in the dry, much less the slippery stuff.

Could have made some money with a plow today and tonight. Not worth it for 1 time a year, at the most. ;)

2. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

is that a nuts amount? what is a usual storm there?

we've had a few predictions for a trace turn into 2 or 3" this winter.

3. Piedmont Lawn

Piedmont Lawn LawnSite Member

Wish you would have kept it there. Started in the NC Foot Hills around 5pm it's 7pm now and everything is white.....I have to work the real job tomorrow....:cry:

Keep warm,

Kelly

4. greenngrow

greenngrow LawnSite Senior Member

I wish you could send some my way. They down graded the forecast to an advisory. This morning it was a warning with accumulation of 3-6 inches.
    Now only 2-3 inches max.

Let it snow

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

For one time we got the good end of it. We were right not the line. A little rain is all we got. I'm real glad it missed us.

6. imalandscper

imalandscper LawnSite Member

Nothing up here so far except a few dustings.........And that is a really bad thing! I have alot of accounts but no snow!!! Wish i was in nashville now!

7. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

CrazyGater-we got about 3 in chatt.I heard monteagle had it bad.:eek:

8. WE are across the river from Louisville, ky.' they started out forcasting 1" -3" inches, upped it to 4" - 6" inches supposed to start Thursday (today ) around 7 or 8 in the morning. All the schools cancelled classes, around 3 today it starts snowing and all we got was a half inch, lots of red faced weathermen and school superentindents.

9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Let me get this straight, schools got cancelled before the snow even touched the ground? I wish I had those lame brained school superentindents when I was in school...lol.

MATT

10. its the only place I know where they cancell school by talking about snow,I mean we are talking a lot of school corporations, or the spreading of cinders and rock on dry roads 5 hours before any sign of snow.