7 properties spring clean-up estimate

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ajordan193, Mar 20, 2006.

1. ajordan193

ajordan193 LawnSite Senior Member
    from WNY

I just recieved the specs to bid out on 7 properties for spring cleanups. This is a very basic clean up involving:
    -raking out the beds
    -edging of beds and walkways
    -raking of all grass areas
    -removal of all debris

what is the best way to estimate the raking of the grass areas? I plan on having 4 guys there at $30 per man hour and still have to figure in fuel costs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreachiated. Thanks

2. EPIC

EPIC LawnSite Member

If You Are Charging $30 A Man Than I Think U Got Everything Cover To Me That Seems High But If You Get It Then Hey Your Doing A Very Good Job Just Make Sure It Look 200%
  3. ajordan193

from WNY

i understand the 30 an hour per man, but what would u use as a guide to estimate how long it will take to rake a certain amount of sq feet?

4. MJM landscaping

MJM landscaping LawnSite Member

$40-$45 per man hour depending on job
  5. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

$30 per man, per hour is fine.
  6. gslawncare

gslawncare LawnSite Member

Have you ever actually cleaned something up?

I find that when you price by the hour, you send your guys home after 6hrs.
    I feel bad becuase I really want the vato's to work more but just can't keep up.

7 properties ain't gonna keep you too busy. I'd say only 2 guys, done in 1.75-2 days.
  7. ajordan193

from WNY

i have more than 7 properties for spring clean-ups. All of my other properties are more elaborate including shrub trimming and mulching jobs. Basically my only real queston that keeps getting over looked is estimating how many hours it will take to rake (sq foot) and so on.

8. jeremy067390

jeremy067390 LawnSite Member

it takes me 3 hours to do a basic spring up by myself just leaves beds ect. buy a peco dumper if you want to see speed without men. my overhead is so low cause its me and my bro plus gas and taxes. on top of the fact that im a former mechanic. i charge 35 per first man 55 for 2. as the rep grows and i can be picky that will go maybe 60 to 65. i like being small and equipment heavy. 2 trucks 45 lawns a piece plus i powerwash and do other things.