7001 problem, shocking me

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by blowerboy, Nov 19, 2007.

1. blowerboy

blowerboy LawnSite Member

since the start of the fall clean-ups and dry days, when ever i blow and it get dusty my redmax ebz7001 shocks me by the throttle controle. i dont know what it is but theres some metal wire or strip under the throttle and it just gives me a zap every time it gets dusty.

WEIRD ISN'T IT.:dizzy:
    :EEK:

2. blowerboy

If Anybody Knows Why This Is Happening Or Has Happened To U Please Help!

3. texpro

texpro LawnSite Member

w/ a name like blowerboy u tell me whats wrong maby its gods way of telling u to change your name

4. blowerboy

ok k texpro
    i dont care what my name is on this .....blog site

5. blowerboy

why dont u go fishing with ur kids like it says in ur pro instead of just f*****in with me

6. texpro

texpro LawnSite Member

just kidding is it a thumb throtle or is it on the blower tube

7. texpro

texpro LawnSite Member

we did just today dont be so angry come to houston and u can go fishing w/ us

8. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Your blower is building up a static charge and you are the ground. The Shindaiwa back pack blowers have a small cable running from the engine into the blow tube to get rid of the static charge.

Oldtimer

9. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

improper ground?

are any electrical cables frayed or broken off?

OF course the simpliest thing to do is wear gloves

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

No, I don't wear wool sweaters, in my opinion that's what shocks, the equipment can promote it further but first thing is always wear non-static clothes. My stuff is mostly made of cotton and polyester, good stuff to wear are warm-up tops such as are used in athletics, watch out for long johns, t-shirts work great once I get going.
    I do like long johns (thermal underwear) when it gets cold out, but the problem is once I get going if it gets too hot I can't shed much, that and more than a few are made of wool.