7001 redmax problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by s and s mowing, Apr 9, 2005.

1. s and s mowing

s and s mowing LawnSite Member
    from ky

to start i own all redmax and in no way want to run it down cause i think it is the best handheld equipment you can buy but my blower is terrible,had a slight miss since new,but wouldnt do it when i went by dealer,now problem has gotten worse,sometimes run like hell,sometimes acts like it is cold,but if you try to choke it will die,sometimes hard to start.dealer has not got back with me since friday but i tried to use it today,and hell a broom would be better.now my dealer is great but i paid top dollar for top dollar equipment and i want it to run like it is supposed too,should i try to turn heat up on dealer,or will redmax step in and make it right.i want a new one that runs right,tired of fooling with this one.will redmax give me a new one???,or will they continue to work on this one?????

2. s and s mowing

from ky

nobody???????????????

3. Spirit Lanwcare

Spirit Lanwcare LawnSite Member

How old is it?

Try a different dealer...your guy is missing something.

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I am a Redmax dealer. I would probably look at the ignition module, or the carb. There is a carb kit for rebuilding the carb, but we usually just replace the carb. if we determine that is the problem. My best guess, from your description, is carb. trouble.

5. s and s mowing

from ky

i bought it brand new in oct 2004,thanks for help guys.the thing is im very busy right now as is everyone,and i dont have time to try stuff to see if it fixes it.the way it boggs down is kinda like it is trying to sieze up.dealer said something about redmax having some problems with a small run of these blowers

6. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the same problem with my 7001. It is getting worse too.

7. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i would check the fuel filter and then the compression on it

8. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

also, check the spark plug, i had one once that the insulator had come loose and was touching between the electrode and the tip.

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

When you use the word "miss" that sounds like electrical. Disconnect the wires that go to the switch that kills the unit. This will eliminate the swith and wiring as a problem. You can kill the engine with choke. If that don't fix the problem check to be sure that the metal cap inside the wire boot at the plug is connected to the wire. Next I would try to convince dealer to try new elect module.

10. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

I've heard of some of them needing a new lower end rebuild on the engine. Your problem does sound carb related tho. What you need to do is drop it off with the dealer and let them figure it out. It's not even a year old......