1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

7001 shocked me!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LCME, Oct 4, 2004.

1. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

Was using my new Redmax 7001 yesterday. My hip throttle gave me a small shock. :eek: Whazup with that?. Has anyone had the same problem?.
  2. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds to be a lose wire,check your connections...

Do you have trouble starting or turning off??
  3. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

Starts on the first or second pull. No problem turning off. While running and making throttle adjustments I touch a spring type washer and I get a small shock. But, will check wire connections. Thanks, LCME
  4. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

trimmer used to do that to me, check the few wires that are on it, thats what it was for me, the tubing that covers the wires moved and there was an exposed connection and i would touch it while trimming.
  5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

A lot of times there is supposed to be a ground wire that runs inside the blower tube. If it wasn't installed when the blower was assembled then you will get a small shock. It seems that when you blow air at high speed over plastic it will build up a static charge. When you touch something that will accept the static charge (like the metal screw or whatever) it discharges.