70xt lifting...

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by stuvecorp, May 11, 2008.

1. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

There was a big debate about what another color could lift and I was moving stuff around and thought I would experiment some. I did the math on the lift and it came up to about 4400 pounds for the two pallets. On the ground I think it would lift more but on/off the truck it felt about maxed out. *No block was harmed in this little stunt, unfortunately pallets did suffer greatly.*

5808 003 (Medium).jpg

5808 006 (Medium).jpg

5808 007 (Medium).jpg

5808 009 (Medium).jpg
  2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The 70XT I ran with VTS had great lift capacity. The limiting factor was the bucket curl would go over relief when you got around 4-5K
  3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Can you feel the "suspension" on the VTS at work?
  4. stuvecorp

Yeah, you could feel it lean in when picking up. I would like more curl back, I think it would have done better but that may be in the pallet forks.

I got to do some work this week for another contractor, spreading black dirt and grading a lawn(they had problems with their ASV). I was surprised how little I felt bounced around(thanks to the suspension?) and I think the slower ground speed isn't as much of an issue as I thought.
  5. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

What is the rest of the story on the broken pallets and pile of bricks:confused:

Was that when you removed the bricks from the truck or the pallets just took a dump on you?:rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing you pictures and info.:usflag:
  6. stuvecorp

That was heading to the truck, the pallets are getting to be a couple years old(recycled). I was super careful going on and off the truck because I stacked them once, no need to do it again.