1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

72 325-d???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tx-1, Jul 27, 2008.

1. tx-1

tx-1 LawnSite Member

have a chance to get a 325 d with 1800 hours. Price is right 1500. great shape not sure if this guy knows what he has. Mower needs a little work, but overall the engine and operation are great. My problem is this though.... I mow about 300 properties and most yards have 36" gate. I have many 32", 21" and 34" toro z's. recently I have been getting alot ( about 8) that have no fence and are about 2-3 acres all wide open. my question is that I can mow these with a 34" but I am looking to save some time and labor. I wanted to get this mower, one for its price, but two because it will cut down my time. should I pass and invest in a 72 zero? anyone with expeirence with 325's???... I tried a search but not much on groundsmasters. any thoughts are welcome as I have not done much "big" lots.
  2. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

I would say pass and start looking for a larger machine. To me, its like a barber doing hair cuts with a mustache trimmer.
  3. subs1000w

subs1000w LawnSite Member

the only problem i see with those is how much trailer space they use but they would for sure increase your efficientcy even double it on certain yards and you cant beat the price
  4. tx-1

tx-1 LawnSite Member

I think I might go with it. I can dedicate one crew ( 2 guys) with the 325 and a 32" for trim work and set them on a day of the large lots (now10). All are over 2acres. I have three 16' trailers so Trailer space isn't gonna be a problem
  5. I've been operating Toro Groundsmaster 325's for more than 30 years. Toro's tried to drop the model but customers keep demanding them. They're bullet proof.