72" cub cadet Tank diesel coming?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HayBay, Apr 10, 2004.

1. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I talked with the Canadian reseller of Cub Cadet yesterday MPP. He is saying that The Cub Cadet Tank will be offering a diesel version (CAT built engine). Any news from our American Friends.

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

None from me. But I did get a flier from my local dealer the other day. It had a picture of the M60 on it and it looks like they have dumped he turf master tires in favor of the field trax tire like you see on many utility vehicles.

Just thought I would share something I found interesting since I have deen thinking about a spare set of more aggressive tires and I have been hunting a place to buy rear wheels with a little different off set forever.....

3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I think they have offered that style of tire for a while, about the cat diesel, I would say it probably will happen they have cat diesels in their compact tractors all ready. That would be a nice option.

4. HayBay

from Ontario

I bought the extra tires and rims with my unit that Cub offers.

They are much more agressive than the turf tires. I bought them because I bought the plow that goes with the ztr as well. The chains wouldn't fit on the turf tires because they interfered with the frame of my M54. So I got the slightly smaller, more agressive tire that I can possibly in the future add chains to.
    The dealer loaded the tires with 7 Gallons of windshield washer fluid for me and the machine tracked very well this winter. But (and it may be because of the tire loads) the agressive tires leave alot more tears in the lawn when turning compared to the turf tire.
    In conclusion, They are nice agressive tires and work well on hills and sandy soils as long as I make bid 3 point turns and avoid any wet spots.

Envy I think the extra tires and rims were $160 canadian plus tax.
    They are carlisle rubbers. Nice to have as backup too.

Wriken, did you have the suspension seat with any of your Tanks, are they worthwhile?

Thanks for the feed back guys.

5. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Wriken, did you have the suspension seat with any of your Tanks, are they worthwhile?

No I do not, was sort of thinking about it, their seats are pretty comfortable. Even though the machines can go 10+ or so mph, we only have 2 lawns that we can go full bore, usually around, I would say 3-6 mph's is a good average as far as speed.

6. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Hatbay, MPP sells demo units at a auction sale that I go to. Do you have any idea why they sell them by auction? Most of the mowers are brand new with 2 or 3 hours on them and a few have about 50 hours on them. The small mowers are new and not used. I bought a 54" Pro Z two years ago with 20 hours on the clock. It been good except for a bearing that went on the rear axle. I haul a 30 gallon spray tank on it, too much weight. They have another sale coming up, I'm hoping to get another new one.

7. HayBay

from Ontario

cantoo,

Let me in on the location of that, I would like to check it out.

Thanks.

Oh yes regarding your question, I think there is a Dealer trade in feature that MPP offers their dealers, any demo or used equipment gets sent out to be sold, I didn't know how they got rid of them but the auction makes sense.

8. HayBay

from Ontario

This is what I got off MPPs site:

TRADE IN OLD UNITS
    Customers usually have old units they would like to trade-in for the new model, as they do with automobiles. Dealers have this advantage and can take advantage of it.
    "Super Trade & Save Weekend."

I may be mistaken how I have interpereted the above.
    Haybay.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the tire info. I'm thinking of the extra tires and wheels not only for extra traction, but also in the event of an untimely flat. I have thought a lot about 'loading' the titan multi trac's with the washer fluid to see if I can tell a difference. I don't think it would hurt anything.

What's unfortunate is that I'm having a really hard time with getting the extra set and here's why. the stock tires are 20x10-10. It's really hard to find many tire choices in 20x10-10 or 20x10-8 even. Most are 22x11, 21x11, 20x11, 21x12, 20x12 ect.... and I have clearance issues.

The stock wheels are spaced/off set where they tuck the stock tires in relly close to the frame. I have black marks on the frame now from the stock tires. They will rub while running low pressure and crossing very steep side hills.

I know the marked tire size ctually means little because the 'actual' size varies from style to style and MFG to MFG. BUT.... I would really rather have a set of tires mounted on an extra set of rims with an inch or so more outside spacing/off set. I have the trim to spare nd everything. But I can't find any dang 4 lug 8" or 10" rims that will work and I am out of leads of where to look further! I really thought I had found a set of 8" with about the right off set that would work down at Northern Tool. But it turns out the center hole of the rim is too small to fit over the center of the hub on the wheel motor.

Any ide's of where to look?

10. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Envy, just cut the center hole bigger on the ones from Northern.
    Haybay, the sale is a Jutzi's in Breslau near Kitchener. They have a landscaper sale every spring and the last three they have had the cub stuff. They wnet for more than I wanted to spend this year. I was at a sale in Toronto last year and they had some new cub stuff too.