72" diesel dixie chopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TMlawncare, Mar 3, 2002.

1. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

This is my first post on lawnsite. I have ran my lawn company for 7 years fulltime, and found myself needing to be more effiecient. Just ordered a new 2002 72" dixie chopper diesel (xxwd5000), I was wondering what is the best method for lifting the machine up to assist in changing blades. I used a friends jungle jack on his older dc and it tended to want to slip.
  2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

first off welcome to lawnsite!!! Second great choice on a mower!!!! i personally dont know the answer to your question however i think most use the jungle thing.
  3. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

i honestly don't know what to tell you but try out the SEARCH feature on the sight and see if that doesn't help ya out. Have a good one, Bill.
  4. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

Drive it up part way on the ramp of your trailer, set the parking brake. This could be problem if you have expanded metal on it...
  5. LeoS818

LeoS818 LawnSite Member

We took a large floor hyd jack, removed the piece of the jack that contactswhat your lifting. Built a bracket that fits in its place and fits under the bumper on the dc. Y____Y
    l looks like this. A pin in the middle goin down fits into the jack. The bumper fits into the Y.
  6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i have an exmark lazer z, and i just drive it up onto a few auto ramps, and use a floor jack to tip the pitch of the deck, and i have just enough clearance to change my blades. maybe this will work for you.
  7. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i would contact eric elm, he is the dixie king :) or any of the other dixie owners
  8. slingshot

slingshot LawnSite Member
    from pa

I just drive one wheel of the chopper up on the gate and change them.
  9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Get a 1 1/2 ton chain hoist, hook it to the beam in your shop, and hook it to your bumper. Hoist it up!

Or....Just pull up onto the gate on your trailer. Run the caster tire up on the edge of the gate with the rest of the mower hanging out to the side. Lock brake, and put a wheel chock behind the drive tires (Dixies aren't known for their brakes). This way you can get to 75% of the deck, if you cant get to the one spindle, just back up and try the other side of your gate!
  10. plow kid

plow kid Banned

Then Why did you reply?? ~NaTe