72" Exmark Lazer Z price check

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by osc, Nov 6, 2000.

1. osc

osc LawnSite Senior Member

72", 26 hrs. FI Kohlor, brand new $8,600.00 + tax. Is this a good price? Sounds good to me, local dealer wants to move it before winter. I demo'd today and was fairly impressed.

Drive belt for the deck is not one of the good features in my book but I've read that few of you have had any problems with that 90 degree turn and twist.

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Yep, that's a pretty good price. The lowest dealer I have found around here is $8650 on the 60".

I thought originally the mule drive belt would cause problems but that doesn't seem to be an issue.

3. Guest

Do yourself a big favor and test a 27hp liquid cooled 72 Exmark before you buy a EFI 26hp. I had an EFI and I traded it in on a 27hp and the difference is unbelieveable. The price on a 27hp is around $9400 and I feel it's worth it.

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto what REO said, The 27hp Kawi's are a real powerhouse and guess what, ITS NOT A KOHLER!!

26 hrs is not new, its been abused and demod extensively by who knows who? Get them to come down on the price or get them to give you some belts, blades, filters, etc.

5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Tom,I think he meant 26HP-the machine is new.I agree,buy the Kawi,kohlers just arent what they use to be.

6. Hardy Enterprises

Hardy Enterprises LawnSite Member

$8,600 is a good price for a 72" 26hp efi. I paid $9200 when they first came out this spring and that was the cheapest of three dealers. I like my 26hp efi, I have had no problems with it.

Jay

7. tlcgrounds

tlcgrounds LawnSite Member

Hey where are you located? I'd snatch that up in an instant?

8. osc

osc LawnSite Senior Member

ohio

9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I'd go for the 27hp Kawasaki. You'll have peace of mind buying that engine.

10. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

As much as I do not like Kohler engines. The 26 has gotten pretty good reviews. I personally would spend the extra money and get the Kaw. I have 2 Kaws and I love them. I also have one Kohler. We all make mistakes. :)