72" Lazer Z pics

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by dannyc33, Sep 8, 2003.

1. dannyc33

dannyc33 LawnSite Member
    from indy

I'm going to by Lazer Z in the next week or two and I'm leaning toward a 72, but none of my dealers have 72 for me to demo, and I don't want to get a 60 and regret not going bigger.

Does anyone have any pics of a 72 Lazer Z (not LC or XP) that is not on the exmark web site or in the brochure. I would most like to see what they look like from straight in front and rear so I can see how much of the deck overhanges.

Terry from exmark has helped me with alot of the mowers specs (thankyou Terry), but I would like to see some pics to ease my fear of the overhange being too much. Terry said it orverhung 11.5 inches, which I'm torn between if that is or isn't too much.

eighter way I'll be getting a lazer z. :)

If anyone can help, I'ld really appreciate it,
    Dan

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Danny33,

Let me know if this is what your looking for. They're shipping stuff so fast you can't get one to hold still long enough to get a picture.

Thanks

Terry

p7040002.jpg

3. Rob T

Rob T LawnSite Member

I can Help You.

I was torn between a 72 and a 60. Went with a 72. Decided I would try one since we always ran 60's. I'm not sure of the reason behind off-setting the deck on the 72, I'm sure Exmark had a good reason. However if your mowing uneven terrain that overhung deck can scalp a lawn real quick. You have to always be aware of what your doing when running through swails and other uneven areas.

I find (on my properties) the hardest place to get into without tearing the ground up is the grass between a curb and sidewalk where the sidewalk has sunk an inch or two.

If your going to do large open areas a 72 can't be beat. If your doing smaller jobs you'll need to carry a 60 with you to do the "nooks and crannies".

What kind of properties are you mowing?

4. dannyc33

dannyc33 LawnSite Member
    from indy

I sent you a private message and haven't herd back from you.
    Did you get it?
    Dan

5. dannyc33

dannyc33 LawnSite Member
    from indy

Rob,
    I'm doing mosty residental. They range from 1/4 to over 3/4. I have alot of accounts that are 1/4 to 1/3 and that's why I'm hesitant on the 72. I have no problems getting my 60 on even the postage stamp size lots, but with that overhang I probilly won't be able too.
    Dan

6. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Danny,

I did find your pm. You should have a resonse in your e-mail box. Generally the quickest way to get me is at terry.eckert@exmark.com or place a post in the Exmark forum. The LS e-mail often gets over looked on my part.

Thanks

Terry