1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

72" or 84" sweeper hopper for Skid

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by NEUSWEDE, Feb 20, 2007.

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I ordered my Gehl and I ordered an 84" sweeper thinking biggest is the best so I get it done faster, but bigger is heavier and 90" overall width so I wanted to see what others opinions are.

It will be used in a wide open parking lot and my Skid is 67" wide.

Thanks in advance
  2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I bought one this year that was 73" width. My thoughts were that it would be easier to transport and use on the job site (more manuverable). I don't plan on doing parking lot cleaning with it. I just was tired or spending an hour or more cleaning up jobsites. If I planned on doing parking lot sweeping the big brooms would be better I am sure. I didn't think I needed one that big for what I am doing with it.
  3. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Kss- What do you use yours for? Like for cleaning up the dirt that gets on the road or driveways?
  4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, sometimes we have to drop dirt in the street or some commerical jobs require that you clean your portion of the project or you get to split the clean up costs for the entire project. I don't anticipate that it will get a lot of use but if it keeps operators in the seat and out from behind a broom I am all for it. Mine is the Quick Attach model.