72" Xr-7

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by luckylawnboy, Apr 5, 2006.

1. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

Are the 72" XR-7 deck out yet ?? I would like to add a couple more mowers in a couple of weeks my dealer sells exmark and hustler, deere, So Im not shure which one i want, I wish the briggs engine was a choice for the hustler then i feel my decesion would be a no brainer, My lazer has it on it and i love this engine, but not to crazy about the lazer frame design being off set it really throws off the stripes and digs in in high spots.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The 72" XR-7's are not available yet, they will be available later this spring.

3. tpiper

tpiper LawnSite Member

besides the 7" difference are there any advantages or disadvantages to either of these? i am going to buy on or the other this week. have demoed last year model and really liked the quality of the mower.
    terry

4. luckylawnboy

Thanks for the reply, are we talking a couple of weeks or a couple of months.

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

besides the 6" difference...
    Obviously 6" is more grass cut in a single pass and that results in more efficient mowing, and more money in your pocket.
    The 66" will fit in 99% of the areas the 60" will and it wont scalp like a 72".

Pj

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I should of clarified that, it will be late spring, so more than a couple weeks.
    When I have some exact dates of availability I will post them here.

7. luckylawnboy

Thanks, we currently run all 72" riders and want to keep the same deck size so our stripes will line up with all the other mowers, We sold off the last of our 60" mowers last year and want to stick to 52" and 72" cuts, makes it alot more simple on us.

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I understand that.