1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

721d 2000 model saftey switch issue ?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by grasshopper head, May 6, 2010.

1. grasshopper head

grasshopper head LawnSite Member

engine will start then it will cut back off . fuel solenoid not holding in ,holding back solenoid keeps mower running and mower PTO will activate mower what safety switches need to be made to keep engine running ? no manual for this machine. Thanks
  2. ricky86

ricky86 LawnSite Bronze Member

I assume you have 3 wires going to the sol? One is ground, one is pull, and one is hold (if memory is correct). If I remember correctly, the module controls the hold circuit. What color wires go to the sol? I have a service manual. You will need jumper wires and a VOM.
  3. busdoc

busdoc LawnSite Member

I have the same problem. The White hold wire has no voltage in the run position. I unplugged the 184220 interlock module, I found with the key in the run position, the two black wires has 12V, the white wire of course is dead and the green wire to ground is good. I jumped one of the black wires to the white and confirmed 12V at the solenoid end. (in fact I ran the engine for a few minutes until the solenoid started getting pretty warm and the plunger dropped out killing the engine. Does that confirm the module is bad? Any help would be most appreciated! Thanks, George...