1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

727 TURF BLAZER is worth ???

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Steveohmygrass, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Steveohmygrass

Steveohmygrass LawnSite Member

I just bought a 727 turf blazer at a silent bid auction. I don't know if I got stung or not. It is a diesel 72" cut, runs good and in fair condition. This thing dwarfs my 50" dixie! Does any one know how much would be a good price. How much does these things cost new?
  2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

That is a Howard Price machine isn't it? Any price would be too much if you plan on using it on a daily basis.
    They build machines with lots of HP, and big decks. However, the mowers tear themselves apart, and parts take forever to get, if you can even get them. Several towns and universities here had them, but they had to keep a couple extra around to strip for parts. There are no Howard Price machines left running around here now. The places that used them would never consider buying another one.
    If it will just be used on an ocassional basis, you will probably be ok. If you need it to run every day, forget it.