737 Bad Engine

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by indianamower, Sep 17, 2004.

1. indianamower

indianamower LawnSite Member

Has anyone had trouble with the Deere 737 with 23 Hp Kawi leaking oil. Mine started leaking around one of the crankcase seals so I took it in for repair and they fixed it. However, the first day out with it after the repair, the engine locked up :angry: . They told me the shaft on the oil pump had sheered of and the gear went into the crank. Lucky for me this was still under warranty, actually only have 155 hours on the machine.

2. westernmdlawn

westernmdlawn LawnSite Member

I have a 2004 with 360 hrs. on it and the same Kaw 23hp engine. I have had no trouble whatsoever with this machine or engine. The engine began to run a little rough and really started to sound like it needed a tuneup. I thought maybe the valves needed adjusted or the carb was getting dirty or plugs were shot or something like that. Turns out the governor mechanism was dirty and not moving freely as it should have been. A shot of WD-40 fixed it up nice. Made it run like brand new again.

3. indianamower

indianamower LawnSite Member

I have to say that I am very pleased with the machine even though I lost a motor.. The dealer has been very good to me. It had to be a defect from the factory.