75,000 for 2 guys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnsRUsInc., Feb 16, 2004.

1. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Does this make sense to you because i think this seems kind of $hity. If you have a 2 man crew that does lawn care at a gross income of $75 per hour for the pair x 8 hours a day x5 days a week x 25 cuttings a year = $75,000 total gross. Am i missing somthing here, I was just going over #'s here trying to budget.

Jason?????

2. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

What about hours worked that don't actually produce income? Downtime, drive time, etc.? Your method is simple and assumes you will be making $75/hr 8 hours/day 5 days/wk for 25 weeks. If it were that simple, I'd be making a lot more money!

3. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

seems like you should be makin more with all that stuff ?

4. LawnsRUsInc.

from midwest

thats my point dke, how the he!! can people on here and near by companys say oh well i make all this money when the total posibility is 75k a year off of lawns for 2 guys and that is at 100% productivity. So dke
    75000-20000 payroll-gas-equip.-storage-depeciation-repairs-insurance-taxs-etc... where is the money in the end?? not here? LOL

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

One thing you are missing is other things beside cutting grass.

Now, I'm not real sure what your question or concern is. Kinda hard to interpret your thoughts.

6. LawnsRUsInc.

from midwest

yea turf this is tru put i was just thinking about it closer and i was like crap. Last year we had alot of add on services and landscapes that helped out, But until you have a bunch of crews how can one live off of the profite from on lawn care crew?
    Me also being 21 I dont know how else to think but from past yearly sales.

Jason

7. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

I did just under $75K last year with me and one employee working. 40 year round maintenance clients, many more if you take into consideration seasonal and part-time clients, with various other jobs thrown into the mix to keep us busy and making money. We are all above board and pay all related expenses and taxes and I still managed to turn a profit and make my house payment, personal expenses, etc.

8. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Your posts don't add up, with your equipment list. You have 3 plow trucks that should be pushing 10k in a year. Then the 3 dump trucks could be doing mulch and side jobs the other 3-4 months.

Plus, where else in WI are you going to make 55k in 25 weeks? Or $440 a day, or even $55/hr at age 21?

9. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

You wonder how people are making the money? Simple, large maintenance contracts....... where you might only be able to mow thre to 4 per day but you are turning 1000plus a day. But two men on residental you might have to work more hrs. 75 plus hr is not bad but some jobs have higher profitability than others.

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I said it before and I'll say it again. If a lot of people actually knew what they were really making they wouldn't be in this business. They're getting by and paying their bills so they're not worried about it.