1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

757 60" or X520 or 72" RFM?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mpocrats, Jan 23, 2008.

1. mpocrats

mpocrats LawnSite Member

HELP PLEASE!! Looking for advice (pros & cons) on what mower in thread title would be best for my 5 acre tall fescue lawn. I have three trees (little trimming), lawn is very flat and fairly smooth with 10% of it having poor drainage (wet) making me concerned about making ruts. Obvious economical choice would be a $1900 72" RFM (Landpride or Woods) behind my Kubota L3400 with R-4 Industrial tires but I'm concerned about this heavy thing (& RFM casters) making ruts in the wet spots. From a lot of the great posts here, the fastest mower and best cut in wet stuff would be 757 w/ 7-Iron II but am also concerned about front casters making ruts (what do you think?). 757 60" is ~ $7500. JDX500 54" is ~$5400. What would you do?

Thanks in advance!

2. huntlawncare

huntlawncare LawnSite Member

i would go with the JD but that is just my personnal fav. i have not owned nothing other than the JDs and if you price one now you might can get a good deal on the old body style since there coming out with the new one
  3. timcuts

timcuts LawnSite Member

I've got a some JD's that I may be getting rid of here shortly. 757, 737, 727 (3) and 997.