757 blade choice for wet conditions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by deerex, May 13, 2007.

1. deerex

deerex LawnSite Member

what blade works the best for wet conditions? I am looking for the least amount of clumping. Is it the stock high lift, the mid lift JD wavy mulching blade or something else? This for the new 7 iron II deck. Thanks
  2. jwl5510

jwl5510 LawnSite Member

not sure on the blades yet, but how do like the 757? I will have one on a demo next week looking for a new ztr
  3. deerex

deerex LawnSite Member

Not sure I pick mine up new tomorrow. 757s are a great mower this will be my third one. I had a 2004 loved it never one problem. Then traded that for 2006 757 mulch on demand that I thought I needed. Never one problem with the mower but that deck is just about worthless.I dont think you can go wrong with the 757 non mulch on demand if you have good dealer support.
  4. JD657757

JD657757 LawnSite Member
    from chicago

regular hi lift blades
  5. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

how does the gators work on them anyone tried this ?
  6. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

The MEG MO blades work real well on your mower. About 45% of the blades we make go on john deere mowers. I invented the MEG MO on a 72" J D deck. We are shipping 25 to 30 orders a day.
  7. slclawn

slclawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

High lifts are the ticket gators do not have enough lift. With the high lifts you won't have a problem mowing wet grass or mowing in the rain. I have loged about 10,000 hours with the seven iron deck and its awsome. With the high lifts on it will out cut any other mower out there but thats my 2cents.:walking:
  8. FerrisDixie

FerrisDixie LawnSite Member

How many are round trip?
  9. FerrisDixie

FerrisDixie LawnSite Member

How many are round trip?
  10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Yep thats the best for mine too.