757 question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rodneyskip, May 23, 2006.

1. rodneyskip

rodneyskip LawnSite Member
    from KY

I know that some of you havve the MOD deck. I am considering trading my new (06 w/ 50 hours) 757 for one with the MOD deck. Dealer is offering me a fair price.

I think the MOD deck will be useful around parking lots and flower beds as welll as when it is windy. I was also hoping to have the MOD deck instead of a bagger to do leaves with in the fall.

Trouble is I talked with a local guy that has a 777 with a MOD and without (7-iron deck not 7-iron II). He said that the MOd deck does not distribute clippings well when it is open and that it causes it to do a lot more double cuts. If he had to do it again, he probably wouldn't.

This surprised me because of so many that have said good things about the MOD deck.

Does anyone have any input?

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I have bought a couple '06 757's with the 7 Iron II deck and I love them, but I opted not to get the MOD. Demo'd it didn't care for it at all. It is better than the first MOD but I still didn't like it.

3. rodneyskip

from KY

Thanks MM - I appreciate your input.

Do you use baggers on your 757's for fall cleanup?

What is your thought on OCDC for a 757?

Also have you tried the suspension seat and what do you think about it?

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I have the new susp seat on the two latest I bought and it is nice. Cost me like $244. I'm probably going to order the kits for the rest of my 757's.

OCDC works fine and I think will do what you need.

I don't bag as we use a truck vac for leaves.

5. rodneyskip

from KY

Do you have an OCDC on any of your mowers?
    why or why not?