757, Super Z, Or Lazer 60"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by luckylawnboy, Apr 8, 2006.

1. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

Im adding two more mowers. I was going to add two 72". But I can add two 60" and save $4000+ and I propbably could a couple of 60" mowers any ways. My dealer sells Deere, Hustler, and Exmark, My local branch does not carry the Exmark line cause of a other dealer in town so if I run Exmark I have to purchase it in the other branch about 40 min away in another town. I bought my last mower a Lazer Z XS 72" Its pretty nice just do not like the off set deck and cut is good but could be better. I am really looking into deere and I hear alot of good things but never have seen any one who really knows how to stripe like us old guys who run choppers and can lay down some pretty nice stripes. I would run choppers but I feel they just need to update there decks and egonomics, and saftey devices. So is there any one out there running 757 or super Z's and do you have any pictures of how they stripe.

Josh equipment 2 137.jpg
  2. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

3. luckylawnboy

Yea they lay some nice stripes, the 777 is a larger frame and is wider if im correct. I think that help the stripes look better compared to the 757. Im really leaning towards the deere. I would like to add a couple 797 72" but $10,500 compared to $8000 is a big difference, thats $5000 diff when buy two of them. I have two 72" riders now and would like to keep them all the same size but then again I also have alot of smaller properties that a 60" mower would be a little better than the 72.
  4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Heres a lazer with the striping roller. You should at least Demo the Lazer Xs 66" Triton after you demo the other mowers.

800-789-stripe pic.jpg
  5. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

What happened with all your dixies.
  6. luckylawnboy

I have one left, im phasing the dixies out untill they change the decks, engagement, safty devices, and just really catch up with modern technology. Im tired of all the hoses leaking oil engagment belt issues, parking brake cables breaking ect, its just time for a change. If I have a 05 XS 72" so if i was to get a 66 I think I would just go ahead and get the 72" thats why im looking at the 60" again, Im not a big fan of the odd sizes coming out. Ok if I was a solo operator but we have older standard size decks still in the mix so they just won't work.
  7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Demo the Super Z from Reynolds, with the XR-7 deck, you will very impressed.

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I think you should really check out the Lesco/Cub Commercial Z's (60" & 72") and the 2006 Hustler Super Z's equipped with the XR-7 decks (60", 66" & 72").

Lesco just went up on their prices a while back, but you can still get a pair of 72's with the 33hp Generac for $16,000.
  9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Pj beat me to the punch..... lol
  10. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Does that dodge have 19.5s?