77 ford dump

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by CLARK LAWN, Apr 21, 2008.

1. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

my town is having a sealed bid auction on a 1977 ford single axle dump 26500 GVWR, new rear end last year, new trans 6 months ago, comes with a 8.5 western pro plow and a under tailgate hyd, speader. what do you guys think its worth?

2. CLARK LAWN

well the truck went for 3400 i bid 2500

3. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

your link didnt work but i always wanted to throw a powerstroke drivetrain in a 70's ford and make that our daily work truck

4. FosterLawnscaping

FosterLawnscaping LawnSite Member

That sounds high, probably a gas engine too. I bought a 87 l9000 dump 36200 gvw yesterday with 290 cummins and 7ll road ranger for scrap value - $2000 and drove it home 50 some miles. Got the lights all working today and started sanding the hood. I'll have it painted up and put to work by the end of the week.

5. CLARK LAWN

it was a diesel and old cummins with and auto trans. truck is in

6. Utility Dave

Utility Dave LawnSite Member

Foster post pics!!!!!!!!

7. FosterLawnscaping

If I must......I painted the cab this afternoon and it just started raining. Looks like the red is holding on. It's a little too tall to bring in the garage and keep dry.
    I have to weld up some board holders on the bed so I can get 10 tons on instead of the estimated 7.5 with no boards. Also found the front leafs are cracked so before I do any hauling I have to do that too. It was a turnpike truck so it was orange at first, Then someone brush painted it red and it faded to pink. Then about 1/4 of the pink flaked off so I drove home a pink and orange polka dot 10 ton on Monday. Paint was at the top of the priority list. :hammerhead:

dump9000.jpg

8. Utility Dave

does it have a plow or are the brackets on front for somthing else???

9. FosterLawnscaping

It is setup for a plow with fancy electric hydraulic controls but no plow was included. It's setup for a spreader as well. Air brakes setup for trailer too.

10. Utility Dave

oo ok are you going to plow with it