777 bagging options?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Drivefaster35, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

hey guys I have a jd 777 with 60" deck and was wondering if there are any cheaper after-market bagging systems out there the deal quated me over $2,000 for the 3 bag system deere has , now I love deere but not for over $2,000. Any help would be awsome!

2. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

They are all that much or higher. Build it into your pricing structure and let your customers pay for it, however, that is what most people can't seem to figure out.

3. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow..that is a good price on there new bagging system. I paid $2,500 for my John Deere 3 bagger last summer. I works great though.

4. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

ExMark Ultra Vac's are $2500, Hustler's bag vac is $2100, seems like a decent price for a bagger

5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I paid around $2200 for my 3 bag unit and the new mcs powerflow. Make sure you get the new 7 iron mcs powerflow unit. I decided on the Deere unit simply because its the only one I could find that holds 14 bushels and is not a pull type wagon.

6. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

7. prosperity

prosperity LawnSite Member

I'm in the same predicament...and I don't mean to high jack this thread, but..

I've done quite a bit of searching for the same thing - bagger system form my 727A (takes the 2 bag system vs your 3 bag for the 777).

All in all, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that the powerflow system is the way to go. Price is about the same or less than going with a tracvac system that attaches to the machine like the powerflow.

But, before I can justify a purchase like this, I wanted to see one attached to a machine, and find out how easily it comes on and off - I wouldn't be using it all the time.
    My dealer just changed hands, and the new people aren't very helpful (another thread on this story elsewhere) - they don't have one in stock, and can't find any photos etc...

So, does anyone have any experiences with the powerflow system in a Deere Z-Trak? Any photos?

Thanks

8. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I sappose i'm in the same situation I would also like to know just how easy they are to put on and take off because there are times where I'd need it then the very next lawn I wouldn't...

9. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Here are a couple pic's that might help you a little. To take the Vac itself off and the tube takes about 30 to 45 seconds. About the same to put it back on. I leave the three bag clamshell on most of the time weather I am bagging or not. It only takes a extra 20 to 30 seconds to take the clamshell off but I never usually never mess with it. If you have any other questions just let me know. Goodluck. :waving:

vac pic's 001.jpg

vac pic's 006.jpg

vac pic's 007.jpg

10. prosperity

prosperity LawnSite Member

Thank you GreenGiant! That is exactly what I wanted to see.

Are you happy with the performance of the powerflow?

Also, have you used it for fall leaves?

I also have a 2210 compact diesel with 62" deck - I am kind of torn between getting the system for the tractor, or the 727 Z.

I would be doing very little everyday grass bagging, but would use it quite a bit for fall cleanups.

Of course, the system for the 2210 would be the 3 bag like yours, and the 2 bag for the 727. I've heard that with the 2210 tractor, it is a real pain to take on and off - you have to remove a 3-point hitch arm and all to install the it.

So, if the system would perform well with leaves with the Z, I think I might go with that one.

Thanks again for posting the pics - a big help!