785 Landscaping

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tstutz, Oct 3, 2008.

1. tstutz

tstutz LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

here are some pictures i have had on a camera for a while now thought i migth as well post them. i am fourteen, freshman in high school, i work on our family farm and mow 12 weekley accounts. i have my farm permit and bought myself a little 92 sonoma about 5 months ago. i am looking for a nice ztr or stand on for next season. Please comment. some pics might not be the best quality.

Picture 089.jpg

lawn.jpg

Picture 090.jpg

2. Green Team Landscaping

Green Team Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Another kid! Good luck with your biz. How far do you want to take landscaping? Like as a full time job, on the side, etc? I sure wish they would let 14 year olds drive around here. Even just for work. That would be cool too.

3. tstutz

from Kansas

i want to landscape the rest of my life. i would love to expand my business and make landscaping my career. that would be a dream come true.

4. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

looks like a good start. good luck!!!

5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

At 14?!?!?!........That would not be good!!!

6. tstutz

from Kansas

hey i understand i wouldnt want the typical everyday 14 year old to be driving either. but i grew up on a farm and still work on our farm. driving tractors, atvs, and vechicles was part of the job.

7. Green Team Landscaping

Good luck. If you just stay with it and put a good name out there for yourself then things will happen. Good things.

8. Green Team Landscaping

I have been driving since I was about 5 or 6. We have a timeshare on Nantucket Island, and you can drive on the beach there, so when we would go fishing in the morning my dad would let me drive on his lap(I only got to use the steering wheel, he did the gas). And on the beack there are like premade ruts so you dont get stuck trying to makeyour own, and it was basically the same thing that you see at the amusement parks with the gikarts when they're on the steel tracks, so even if you wanted to, you couldnt drive the car off of the track, same thing as that, but with a car, and you can go over lanes. And from there(10 years later) I can drive on the road with my dad in the car. Illegally of course, but seeing the cops around here is a fairly rare occurrence. Not to jack this kids thread, but I truly believe that kids should be able to drive legally at a younger age than legally required(obviously older than 13), as long as they go through the same test, even harder if they want, as long as they've had practice, and will be using it to do good for the town such as landscaping and stuff.

9. 81Bronk36

81Bronk36 LawnSite Member

Thats how I learned.... Not to far from there either. My little brother somehow managed to pop our izuzu trooper out of the tracks and practically chase some people up the dunes before my dad stopped:laugh:

10. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice Pics

if you dont mind me asking what did the truck set you back