1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

7th Largest Tree in the World

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mdvaden, May 3, 2013.

1. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Photography keeps integrating with my work lately. Here's my latest, and probably favorite redwood forest so far. Even found a Crescent City woman to pose for scale, and cast a bit of light on the shade side. A coast redwood, and 7th largest known tree in the world. Only 6 individual trees have more wood volume, 6 individual Sequoiadendron in the Sierra Nevada area: diameters approximately the same, just less taper higher up the bole. This image surpassed 80,000 views and 800 shares on Facebook in practically a single day. Looking forward to selling prints of this one. Just picked up a 16" x 20" for my own home office.

2. mdvaden

The model with an extra Canon camera for something different. This in another grove of northern California near Hiouchi.

3. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Great shots!
  4. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Excellent pics!
  5. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Fantastic shots,
  6. mdvaden

Here's one from a few weeks ago when we first tried a bright dress in the redwoods, but at Prairie Creek redwoods 1/2 hour south. This is a "fairy ring" or cathedral tree. The inner trunk hidden was enormous, although seen better days as the suckers / sprouts have become trees in themselves. All on one root system.

7. bmxerss

bmxerss LawnSite Member

I love photography as well, but i enjoy taking pictures of manmade structures!
  8. mdvaden

Likewise ....

3 photos using the same old furnace up here in Oregon. Has the arches, gates and locks on all 4 sides.

Sort of shaped trunk-like

furnace 1.jpg

furnace 2.jpg

furnace 3.jpg
  9. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

Always enjoy your pics.
    Would the lady be named Galadriel?
    Wish I could grow that in my backyard!
    Guess I'll settle for my Amur maples.

fine pix 002.jpg
  10. mdvaden