7th Largest Tree in the World

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mdvaden, May 3, 2013.

1. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Just went back just over a week ago, and fit in one more huge redwood photo with bright colored dress for size comparison.

40,000 lb. burl on the lower trunk - 24 ft. diameter ...

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Simply amazing.

3. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Tree? oh something was distracting me in the corner, nice woma, I mean tre, wotree, I mean treeee.
  4. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Wow. Simply amazing.
  5. NaturalLandscape

NaturalLandscape LawnSite Member

Hey, I just took a look at your website. The pictures on there are very nice but the website is a little difficult to maneuver (consider the same set of links at the top of every page?)
  6. mdvaden

Got a special photography project request, and one photo taken Tuesday got so much attention on Facebook, figured I'd just share it in this previous thread since it's the same woman assisting.

This tree is different from the OP ... location is Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park. Hiker theme this time.

7. JCResources

JCResources LawnSite Member

great photos
  8. mdvaden

Thought this new redwood find from a few weeks ago might be a good way to revive this topic. Trunk is almost the same as the one in the OP .. just a foot less, at 25 ft. diameter DBH.

Found several beauties the past few weeks in new territory.

9. mdvaden

Quite the summer for discovery of Coast Redwoods. One more giant .. not the same as the last posted. This also in Redwood National and State Parks. This summer, as some others scrambled-around in Lost Man Creek area narrowing-down their hunt for the undisclosed Hyperion (world's tallest tree) ... a few of us branched out to other new territory in the parks nearby.