1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

7x16 Enclosed Trailer Setup

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Davids Lawncare, Feb 19, 2013.

1. sticklelm

sticklelm LawnSite Senior Member

it definately looks pretty tight with that 60" mower. i can fit my 48" and 21" side by side in my 7x16 with about...5-7inches of space

itrailer5.00.jpg

itrailer5.00.jpg

2. Davids Lawncare

Davids Lawncare LawnSite Member

Just pickup the npr 1month ago so I'm not sure on mpg. But what i researched from other guys on this site was it was somewhere in the range of 14mpg loaded with trailer for the turbo diesel. For the measurements I can tell you that today I cut an interior shelf for the front of trailer at 78" wide add the 3/4 plywood sides I'm at 79.5". I would guess the back would be a little wider. I think it's the black that makes it look a little smaller than it really is. I have maybe 1 ft or so walking space on trimmer side and few inches on the blower side. Plus there is decal on the rear that says 7x16...:weightlifter:

3. BLC14

BLC14 LawnSite Member

Its not a true 7 footer, because if it was it would be 84" wide meaning you would have a foot of space on each side of the mower deck witch is 60". I've seen it before its nothing that uncommon that the trailer is 79" wide but there still calling it 7x16.

4. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

5. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

How do you like your Shindaiwa trimmers? Why did you decided to take the guard off the bottom?

-Michael

6. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

You will find the guards tend to come off with most companies because it's just extra weight and it really doesn't keep you from getting beaned by debris. You must watch your guys string length once the guards come off because longer lines put more stress on the clutch and engine. The engine will not operate at the intended rpm if the line gets much longer then the OEM length. Longer line equals more heat.

7. Davids Lawncare

Plantscape that is a nice setup you have. You ain't lying about thought and $$$. Love the wrap that looks amazing. I'm working on lettering mine but I really want to redesign to whole thing. Here is a thread of want my vinyl man has sent me so far. He doesn't do design its just the picture I had from my previous trailer magnets on my truck. Do you have any pictures of the ceiling selves?

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=397896

8. sticklelm

sticklelm LawnSite Senior Member

i really like that vnose trailer :laugh: :cool2:

9. jequigle

jequigle LawnSite Member

78" wide is 6.5' not 7'

10. Davids Lawncare

lol. For you guys that needed measurements on the actual size of an Classified 7x16 LEONARD TRAILER. Here you go. :laugh:

IMG_0930.jpg