8.1l v8

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Jpeg lawn maintenance, Jan 15, 2010.

1. JPsDuramax

JPsDuramax LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

I found my diesel with 70K on the clock for $26K OTD. Of course I did buy it early in 2008 when diesel was just starting to climb. I think at one point I payed $5.05/gallon...but I still paid about the same month for fuel vs. my old gas burner. There is a big difference in mpg and power.

2. Foz

Foz LawnSite Member

I owned 2 of them. Average mileage was between 10 and 12 mpg. With the allison transmission, they can pull about anything. If you can find one with low miles, they are worth he investment. Just keep in mind that you can "put your foot in it" and drop your mileage to about 5 or 6.

3. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Jpeg lawn maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

i was looking on autotrader tonight nd found a cummins 2500 reg cab thats what i want and it had 58k on it for 15,000 not to bad.

4. JPsDuramax

from Georgia

That would be great. There are some great deals out there. Mine is a crew cab, short bed, fully loaded. I found plenty of nice trucks for less money, but I figured I would go ahead and stretch for the fully loaded for a little bit more.

5. Jpeg lawn maintenance

YA the fulll cab and all the options are nice i just cant justify it for a work truck i jus wnt it for pulling the trailer thats all.

6. JPsDuramax

from Georgia

I understand that. I have two to three guys that work with me so I need the crew cab, but the extras are nice...especially the heated seats:laugh:

7. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Ya if you can justify having it thats great i need 8ft bed allso for dump insert.

8. WGLandscapeMaintenance

WGLandscapeMaintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't get a dump insert, they hold nothing compared to a dump trailer or dump truck.

9. Jpeg lawn maintenance

10. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I would agree, the trailer would be better, even for smaller jobs. You can leave it on the job. I'v learned think for the future!!!! Get bigger and make more money!