8.1l v8

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Jpeg lawn maintenance, Jan 15, 2010.

1. WGLandscapeMaintenance

WGLandscapeMaintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

2. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

How could he use a dump trailer for grass collection? Assuming that he isn't lying about doing small mulch jobs and grass collection only, then the dump trailer would be a stupid idea.

3. WGLandscapeMaintenance

I thought it was just for leaf debris, mulch, and dirt, I didn't realize grass clippings. You can use your toneau cover to cover up the stuff in the truck when driving and it won't blow out and then you go to the dump and with the load handler, you crank the stuff out of the bed.

4. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's a link to a video that will show you a hill that will make you wonder about your truck. It's 7 miles of 5% grade. You'll notice semi and pickups broken down on the side. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOMczqYCmCs&feature=related Time before last the air temp at the top of the hill was 85°. The guy starts filming right at the Welcome Station for VA.

5. WGLandscapeMaintenance

Funny thing about that is there were 3 trucks other than semis pulled over on the side, a kodiak (hood down and behind an F150), that F1shtty with the kodiak, the F1shtty with its hood up and an old f2shtty or f3shtty also with it's hood up.

I've seen lots of these videos, just watched one earlier today of a truck goin up Monteagle and then goin down. I'm not sure on the distance up Monteagle but it's a 5% grade, I handled 'er last winter, no problem, I was with my dad in his 6.0, we held 60 mph (with no load) and she never shifted down. I don't need to question my truck climbing a grade because that's what it's built for. Granted it was winter, but still, they're built to handle climbs.

6. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I would spend the money and get the insert(if you gunna be doing alot of hauling with you trailer on) be professional. Otherwise dump trailers are nice also

7. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Jpeg lawn maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

what d you think about this brad i have 10k in my truck now. Its worth about 4k i was thinking next year end of year throw a plow on it and keep it buy a new truck not brand new but new to me like 2003 and up dump truck pull the rig with that thats what i was thinking perfect for everything. Wat do you think?

8. Jpeg lawn maintenance

may i add it will laso only be a 2wd because only using in summer.

9. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Not a bad idea but do you wanna plow with the lifted truck? trucks are easier to plow than a dump but I would probably lean towards 4x4 dump with a plow. I dunno its a tough call

10. Jpeg lawn maintenance