1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

8.6 Arc. Soccer complex Pricing help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by luckylawnboy, Feb 7, 2001.

1. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

I just finished figuring a bid on a 378,500sq.ft soccer complex, 4 feilds. I priced it pretty cheap because it is all flat mowing no triming and mowed twice a week in May and June. I figured 48 times a year, which comes out to about $10,700 or so. The price per cut was $217. How does this sound. I also priced it at $650 each time for aeration 3 times per season,and a 5 step fertilization at $998. I am new to the pesticide end of the buis. I charged $20 for ever bag of product. $4995 - $1800 in product. per year. Well just wanted some opinions.
  2. Lucky wrote:

>I am new to the pesticide end of the buis. I charged $20 for ever bag of product.

Including Merit and MachII?
  3. Michael Fronczak

Michael Fronczak LawnSite Member

Good point last season those were around $ 50/bag at Lesco.
  4. RYAN

RYAN LawnSite Member

What kind of mower are you using? You are at $40 an acre which is not bad if you have a good 60" rider since there is not trimming.
  5. CCLC

CCLC LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know too much about the fert and pest due to having a sub do it. The price for aeration sounds ok depending on the size and type of aerator that you have. The mowing price seems a little low to me. I don't know some of the factors such as equipment to be used, overhead cost, payroll costs, etc. Imagining what it looks like I might be closer to $300 to $325. In the spring that grass will probably grow like crazy and if rain delays hold you up it could take considerably more time to maintain.

But, all in all it is a great account. Good luck with it.
  6. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

378,500 sq.ft.=8.7 acres @ $217 puts you right at $25 an acre, which is cheap, but sad to say you may have to go that cheap to get it, depending on your local competition. Everybody wants work like that.....
    If someone else bids cheaper, either he has little overhead or little idea of figuring operating costs. Good luck.
  7. teamII

teamII LawnSite Member

sounds too cheap.
  8. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

Well I figured since my Chopper is capable of doing atleast 5 arc. per hr. then it couldn't possible take any longer 3 hours if that. so Even If I am paying my help $8 an hour, I still think this will come out ok. I know it is cheap, but it is a church who has it and I just wanted to help out. There is absolutly to trimming also. Well Hope I get it. There is over 1000 people there every weekend. I told them I would like to have a sing up that said feilds maintained by JC's Lawn Service,, thats me. good advertising.
  9. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

$25 per acre is pretty cheap, however you probably have to do it for that to get the job. One nice thing is that you could do that in a couple hours with a 60" mower and don't have to worry about getting off and weadeating..

Nice job to have though
  10. Turfclippings

Turfclippings LawnSite Member

i use a 60 inch Flatlander Dixie on a soccer field. I can cut it in 30-35 minutes and its roughly 70yrds-110yrds (1.75 acres). I think your in the ballpark, great project to have.