8 hp Giant-Vac Push Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MIMAINTAINCE, Nov 7, 2003.

1. MIMAINTAINCE

MIMAINTAINCE LawnSite Member

My neighbor wants to sell me a Giant Vac 8 hp push blower. I think its about a 94 or 95. He used it on his own lawn. He said he hasnt used in 3-4 years. When i went to got see it, he couldnt keep it running. He said that was odd because he just did his backyard 10 minutes ago. He wants $250. Is it worth it? If not, what would you think?

2. mowdini

mowdini LawnSite Member

If he is supposed to impress you with the unit and it doesn't run I would definitely stay away from the unit. Your $250.00 isn't going to help it run any. Keep looking.

3. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got the same one, got it for $150. Runs like a dream, and starts on the first pull, not matter how slow you pull it. I LOVE it!

4. pap4464

pap4464 LawnSite Member

Have you looked at spending a little more and buying the Redmax EB 7100 back pack? Not sure what you have for equipment, but this back pack will definitely blow some leaves. I just purchased a litle wonder 10 hp and it runs great, but those back packs can defintely get into some tight areas where that walk behind can't.

5. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

I just bought a new billgoat 10hp for 850......i love it.

6. The Lawn Boy Pro

Also, where are you in Michigan MIMAINTAICE?

7. MIMAINTAINCE

MIMAINTAINCE LawnSite Member

Im in Farmington Hills. I would like to meet you maybe. Its cool to see someone near my age, near me in the business

8. The Lawn Boy Pro

That push blower like this one?

giant vac 8hp.jpg

9. The Lawn Boy Pro

Same problem happened to me too. It wouldnt stay running until after it was warmer. Adjusted the needle in the photo (screwed it in about 1/2 turn), and it was all better.You could have stagnant gas in the bowl of the carb, fuel line blockage, dirty points, to name a few possibilities.

giant vac push blower carb-needle.jpg

10. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

i'd take the carb of of it and take it to a lawn equipment servise guy, and have him soak it and put a carb kit on it, if that does not take care of the problem no deal. carb kits only like 20 bucks.