8 simple steps for gaining buisness

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by barefeetny, Mar 4, 2008.

1. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

I read 20 of these how do i get customers... get buisness... get commercials.a week..its almost getting annoying....

its quite simple.... more simple then anyone will ever let on...

it works for any service you want to provide...

Step 1 during buisness hours stay off this site

step 2 put on a clean shirt, brush your hair and teeth.

3 get in your work truck or magnetic signed estimate car

4 drive through neighborhoods

5 stop the car and get out and talk to people...

6 hi my name is johnny and i notice your yard is underwater, overgrown, the wrong color, on fire.. posibly we can help you. explain what you can do for them

7 hand them a card and ask them if they have any questions.... thank them for their time

8 move on to the next house/buisness that you think you can help

Talk to people in line...at the box store... its 5 minutes worth of your time and 1 card ( you bought 2000 of them right)

its cheaper... easier and more effective then anything...Today i got 1 little repair job, a retaining wall... and scored a cherry 88 ford 350 dump... the buisnesses helper had driven over the plow (ouch) and destroyed the lower and upper plow frame... 6 new tires and nice purring 460... picked it up for less then 500...

theres no time like the present..... get out there and sell

if you want to do postcards, flyers flaming billboards.. do that too... but if you can sell like this...then you can definitly sell when its a hot lead...its like batting practice...sometimes you wiff... sometimes you crank one out.

if you need more info... I can probably help... but i know theres a bunch of salesman on this site..
  2. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

lol almost annoying... it is annoying this site is like a rerun . every few threads someone will post something worth reading but its mostly .. what mower has the best cut , how do i get commercials jobs, does this leaf blower blow hard enough lol, what size trailer should i get. who makes the best weedeater , ztr , trailer.. etc . if people would read about 3/4 pages into the forum they would get their answers .. or use a little common sense...... it seems like people can't think for their self
  3. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

:laugh::laugh: On fire, seems like someone threw a lit smoke on your zoysia lawn, do you want me to fix it?
  4. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i think i visit this site to much
  5. Indy Kyle

Indy Kyle LawnSite Member

My favoite is.. what kind of shoes should I buy? and not to mention the endless pics of people's random equipment. We get it people!! I know what a fricken toro and a chainsaw looks like!!

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Now thats funny!
  7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

What about putting your logo on your underware ?
  8. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

lol. wow you goys can cut in your tightie whities in Texas?lol
  9. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

i can take a off beat question every once in a while... but it seems like the older i get... the less patience i have for nonsense...

I actually learn alot on this site..... but i shake my head.way too often....

there was actually a day when there was 6 ztr questions on the top of the page.....
    4 of them about bad boys....I never have even seen one in person....

When you become a member you should have to wait 2 days to make a post....your question will be answered 4 times at least...

but back to my original point.... pound the streets... get some accounts... then buy a mower and a 45000 dollar truck
  10. tennesseelawnguy

tennesseelawnguy LawnSite Member

I agree completely. to many people want all the answers just given to them without doing the work. how do they think we learned what we know. my favorite "What do I bid on it?" gets asked 20 times a day on here . hell just put a bid on it and if you screwed yourself over learn from it and don't do it again. i guess there's just too many employees trying to run a business now. they need to shed that mentality and and start making some executive decisions.no one held my hand when i got started.