1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

8 week fill in job?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AllSeasonsAllReasons, Apr 3, 2001.

1. AllSeasonsAllReasons

AllSeasonsAllReasons LawnSite Member

Hi guy's I got a call from my dealer today! Seem's he knows someone from a very large Clinic! Well they asked him if he knew of anyone that would fill in for there spring cleanup and lawn care for about 8 weeks! There head lawn care care guy has to have surgery and will be out for about 8 weeks she said it could be alot longer! Well he told me this would be a very well paying job! But the situation i am in is if i take on this job I won't be able to take on anymore long terms contracts at this time! What would you do????
  2. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

I say take it if you think the money is right, and you have the time in your schedule. "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". Then you can start lining up work to start when the 8 weeks are up, oh, and poor you if they decide to stick with you because you did a better job!
  3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Im also say take it. This way you'll have 8 weeks to show them that you can do a better job. They might just keep you aboard.
  4. AllSeasonsAllReasons

AllSeasonsAllReasons LawnSite Member

I should let everyone know that there lawn care guy is in house! They take care of there own lawn!
  5. greens1

greens1 LawnSite Senior Member

Bad break for the in house guy. I would definatly grab the job. When it comes to sugery 8 weeks could turn into 8 months, or longer. Even if it turns out to be only 8 weeks your still the guy that helped them out. This could count down the road if they let out other work or the in house guy decides to retire.
    Good Luck,
    Jim L
  6. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I've seen some of that "in house" stuff. I would pounce on it, get your money for the 8 weeks and see if you could change some opinions on how it should look.