8 weeks and counting

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shorty7616, Apr 8, 2005.

1. shorty7616

shorty7616 LawnSite Member

I posted earlier about my exmark being in the shop for 6 weeks. Well, were up to 8 now. I called the owner of the store, he didn't care too much, and I'm definitely blacklisted from the store. I told the owner my story, he gets back to me after he "checks" on it. Told me nothing was wrong, and apologized. I don't really know what type of shape the mower will be in.

I'm in the process of looking at new shops, but they are all pretty far away. Even if i needed to use my current place, I don't think I would trust them with my stuff again. Especially after the owner went in.

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I would go get it by now. If they want you to pay, i would call the cops.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Where in TN?

So if there isn't a problem, why haven't you gone to get it?

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Long before 8 weeks that owner of the shop would have wished he never met me

5. Spirit Lanwcare

Spirit Lanwcare LawnSite Member

What happened that you were "black listed" from this shop? Are we getting the whole story here? I have never been black listed from any shop in my area maybe it's because I pay my bills and take decent care of my equipment?

Sounds kinda fishy to me.

6. craglawnmanor

craglawnmanor LawnSite Member

I'm curious too. Where in TN?

7. shorty7616

Sorry I wasn't too clear....

By no problem, the owner meant that they didn't do anything wrong. They are a couple parts "ordered". One was a transmission cover because the OPC was stripped. It went it for PREVENTATIVE maint. I was having some problems with it last year sticking when it got wet.

By blacklisted I mean, now that I contacted the owner the people in the shop might sabotoge the repair. So after I get the mower back- they really don't want to see me again. and Vice-Versa.

Its in Hendersonville.

So I should get the mower....I'm kinda hoping they forget. I at least have a really nice loaner. j/k

8. shorty7616

Btw, I Do Pay All Of My Bills Spirit!!!

9. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

if you have a nice loaner wait til they get it done and then keep the loaner for a few weeks

10. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I have also been "blacklisted" by 3 places. I dont go there because they dont want me there. One place I called the cops to get my mower they wouldnt give me, and they said it happens all the time there. I have found most mower shops to be lacking in parts and mechanical knowledge.