80° and 70% humidity at 12 am tonight

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Jun 6, 2002.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Boy has this weather sucked lately. Last night it was 91 at 8pm, no rain in 2+ weeks, and now they are calling for storms tomorrow night. I sure hope the temps at night drop some or brown patch will be running rampid.

I hear guys talking about rain, last year was the driest on record and this spring was the hottest ever, now this and it's just June.:cry:

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Last season here was the 3rd most rain in recorded history of Memphis. This year is shaping up to give that record a run for its money. Temperatures have been below normal for May. But we are paying for it now. My gauge was registering 95 degrees yesterday morning at 8am. It got real hot once June got here. Oh well, its summer in the south and we are getting rain.

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

,this weather sucks.im having to be careful to not do more damage than good. guess its nature ,but come on nature give us a break.mine are for the most pt going into protective dormancy.
    which means they will be slower to respond once we get a break.

4. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

This week I have washed my truck,I even left my equipment outside on the trailer just trying to get some rain. If this dont work I ll try cutting some hay.

5. J.Henderson

J.Henderson LawnSite Member

Up here in Iowa/Illinois, we got anywhere beween 2 1/2 - 7 1/2 inches of rain in about 12 hours. The governors are declaring countys disaster areas left and right. You really can't mow newly formed lakes either.

6. J.Henderson

J.Henderson LawnSite Member

flood.jpg

7. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

Shh!! I cant say this to loud it's raining here now and if it knows you know it might stop.

8. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Here it is the 7th driest year in history, and whole states are declaring disaster areas. In todays paper there was announced a total ban on the sale and use of fire works, and absolutely no open fires. This will really piss off some fire works stand operators. In this area the sale of fire works has been a huge biz.

9. heather

heather LawnSite Member

We didn't get the rain that you guys got up in piedmont NC today.Thank goodness that most everyone on the coast has irragation! :jester: