1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

80,000 piece eddm

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by EquityGreen, Mar 24, 2013.

1. dnc19694339

dnc19694339 LawnSite Member

If if added correctly thats about $17k ? do you do this many regularly?

Just curious, ive done 40k inserts but never direct mail.

Thats a pretty healthy marketing budget
  2. EquityGreen

EquityGreen LawnSite Senior Member

No this is the first time. Major drought last year, all of our lawns are looking pretty tough. Most people are looking at switch companies I figure this is the year to test the market. They say the magic number for dollars spent on marketing is 15% so we will have quite a bit more to go. I'm looking at trying to add 5-600 customers and around 200-250k of revenue this season. We have enough equipment and man power to do it. We will see how it goes.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Go to

Then Enter the Zip Code you what to target. The Route numbers will show. When you place your Cursor on that route, the roads of that route are highlighted. If you know your neighborhoods, picking Target customer is easy. Just don't sent mailers to the Ghetto.

Because of the EDDM regulation my fliers are 6 X 12. I have the run on 12 X 18 Card stock. 5,000 Fliers cost me $ 300. My first Mailing cost last year was $0.14 each, now the Price has gone up.

Of Course a Website and Telephone Listing etc always help. In my case I only do Pest Control, both structural and Yard. Apartment and business with out yards are still my target customers. What I have experienced last year with only 1,500 fliers, people are saving my flier and calling several months later.

4. dnc19694339

Is this for Mowing or Fert & Squirt?

Are you estimating over the phone (measure online) or go out and measure?

Im not afraid of spending that much to advertise, I just dont think I could handle the call volume.
  5. EquityGreen

EquityGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Fert and squirt, mowing, sprinklers, tree/shrub, and snow removal. We try to set up our new associations and commercial properties on flat monthly fees. Certainly helps with lack of snow in bad winters.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Cadzilla

Cadzilla LawnSite Senior Member

The first thing you all need to do is stop calling it Fert and Squirt.
  7. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

Subscribed...thank you EquityGreen, very interested in your results.
  8. dnc19694339

Ya it sounds kind of funny! What is the appropriate lingo?
  9. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Poop and pee!:weightlifter:
  10. n-green

n-green LawnSite Senior Member

Funny for 5:00 AM!
    Don't these cards have to be bundled in lots of 50 when you deliver to PO?