80,000 piece eddm

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by EquityGreen, Mar 24, 2013.

1. EquityGreen

EquityGreen LawnSite Senior Member

It's possible to do your own bundling. I paid my printer .01 each to sort them in bundles. I wish I had the time to do it myself.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. TimNNJ

TimNNJ LawnSite Senior Member

do you use a local printer?..I use got print usually but they don't bundle..we can get 10k down with 2 of us in about 4 hrs...

3. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

Magic for what? Explain that further.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. EquityGreen

EquityGreen LawnSite Senior Member

15% is the number that I've heard works very well if you can afford to spend that much on advertising. I've never been able to dedicate that much money towards advertising in the past but I will try to get as close as possible this season.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. the irrigator

the irrigator LawnSite Member

Do you mean that an advertising budget should be 15% of gross sales? (based on previous year sales).
    I've heard similar figures but not really sure what it's based on. Maybe some of the larger cos. have such budgets?

6. dnc19694339

dnc19694339 LawnSite Member

That is a ton of money! Ive never heard a number that high but I am not always right. I am very interested in seeing the follow up on this to see how you do. I have heard EDDM results from 1/4 of 1 percent to 1 percent. Hope you do better than that.

Then you have to CLOSE THEM.

7. Efficiency

from zone 6

From what im seeing and my consultant is hearing, responses thus far this spring are in the toilet. We closed 1/4% of our direct mail pieces thus far at ~70% closing rate. The weather is to blame IMO
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. klsgc

klsgc LawnSite Member

Agreed. I just ran the numbers and we are right at 1/4% of our mailers also. Not sure on the closing rate though. I am thinking of doing another round to get the last minute decision makers once the weather pops.

Do you think people will hang on the the cards and call when the weather breaks? I have had solid responses for 6 weeks after my mailings typically so I hope the same is true this year.

9. Efficiency

from zone 6

Praying thats the case. We are only at 40% of our revenue goal for new sales but still have 40% of our direct mail to go out. Time will tell.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. klsgc

klsgc LawnSite Member

How is your cancellation rate? That makes a big difference too. We are surprisingly low. I think I'm at about 6% right now which is way behind last year. I don't know if I'm supposed to expect a bunch more cancels once the weather pops and people start shopping more or if we are going to retain a little better than normal this year?