80 lbs lesco spreader?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Drivefaster35, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have the lesco 80 lbs spreader an d just got a right angle blocker or whatever they call it for around houses sidewalks etc... do I have to close the 3rd hole on the left side to prevent from over applying fertilizer on that side or what? Also I was working with it today and calabrating it and noticed its throwing quit a bit to the right with or without the blocker down and it even hits the back right bar any suggestions?
  2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Yes the 3rd hole and Right hand deflector work hand in hand. I believe it is the PG that has the remote 3rd hole adjustment for quicker use of the Deflector
  3. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, in most instances you'll want the 3rd hole off with the deflector down. However, one "trick" is to leave the 3rd hole open so you get a heavier application of material when applying pre-emergents along cement, asphalt, and other "hotspots."
  4. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

what about the fertilizer being throwen farther back on the right side?
  5. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Mine throws slightly heavy on the left and the 3rd hole is all the way open. I tried to close it some but it was worse then.
  6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Check your impeller, the thing that throws the fertilizer.

Usually when mine starts to do that, it's got buildup on the impeller.

Other than that, I've never worried about it, nor have I streaked any lawns.

I've never closed the 3rd hole either, even with the deflector down, especially along the curbs / sidewalks.