$80 to cut 1.3 acres

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Simply Green L&L, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Simply Green L&L

Simply Green L&L LawnSite Member

I quoted a lady $80 to cut a 1.3 acre property (minus house and driveway). The property is all open, no fences and the only obstacles are 8 trees. The only trimming would be around the trees and we would edge the driveway and two landscaped beds. We would be cutting with a Toro 62" ZMaster and using a 36" wb for 1 small tight area.

I gave her the price yesterday and told her that I would schedule it within the next couple of days. I got a call from her this morning and she said, "I'm sorry but I got another price for $50." I told her that if did it $50 I would probably be loosing money. I also told her she might want to ask if they have insurance.

I know it is hard to throw a price a property without seeing it, but what would you guys charge? Anyone in the Philly area near Langhorne?

Simply Green Lawn & Landscape
  2. wally world III

wally world III LawnSite Member

1.3 acres price too high $80
    local we get $55 / 1 1/2 period...........

i have 77 lawns that i mow each week.........

your price is way too, toooo, tooooooo, twwwoooooo, HIgh

sweet heart,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, payup payup payup payup payup
  3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

40 for an acre.....so id say 55 or 60....., so here it its high, but what is it worth where YOU live.... thats whats important..
  4. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Most of my 1.5 acre propertys are running 65.00
  5. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Here that would be high also. It probly has close to an acre of grass. $50-$60 would be about right for this area if it is as you described. Sucks doesn't it?
  6. wally world III

wally world III LawnSite Member

1st off, your can mow with any walkerrrrssssss Period............!!!!
    i have 2 - gravely pm 260, 60" cut diesel bought last year paid cash
    1 - gravely pm 260, 60" cut gas purchased 2 weeks ago pail cash

sweet hearts you better get smart real quick..............
    or, you'll be left behind..................
  7. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Thats right! The most important thing is to know what you need to charge to make a profit. If you cant do it for $50 then I would walk. Let the customer (through an insurance claim) or the other LCO (hopefully through going broke) learn the hard way
  8. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Wally, Is it possible that you are from Canada and your alter ego is named Fareway???
  9. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

10. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

When I first started I mowed a 3/4 acre property with a 36" wb and got 100.00 each week, every other week I mowed their neighbor's 1/2 acre property for 50.00. I made out like a bandit, but now knowing the prices around here I should have only gotten about 50 and 35. Oh well they didn't get any second bids and I got my money.