800 flyers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ChadsLawn, Jun 28, 2006.

1. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive put out 800 flyers in the past 2 days. I had 2 calls. 1 tried to jew me from $40 a month(very small yard 2 times a month) to $30 a month.. I told him my price was firm. He said he will let me know(yeah right). The other 1 that called wanted just some hedge trimming and weed pulling.. Well I got there and it was freshly cut. So I asked if they cut there own yard. "no" we have someone cutting it. I told them, no offense to your current lawn guy, But he did a real bad job. There was strands of St.Augustein sticking up and clippings all over the yard. I told them I wouldnt leave my own yard looking like that. So they asked for a complete service bid. I told them $60 a month. (again very small yard) with maybe 20 feet of hedges to trim every 3 months. The guy asked his wife if that price was in there budget, she said yes.. He looked at me shook my hand and said "your hired".. If you do as good as you say, Ill have a few more homes in here for you. They have alot of friends..

This was my best turn out using flyers so far.

Chad

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

That's not too bad this time of year, for that amount of flyers.

3. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I have about 500 more to put out also. Then Ill do another 1000 after that.

4. mr.we.mow.grass

mr.we.mow.grass LawnSite Member

Chad, we started our company this year from scratch. We must have put out 30000 door hangers starting in march until now. We are still putting them out, however the calls we are getting are from the ones we put out early this year. And some are from the ones we just put out. To date we have 272 accounts and growing. Just Keep putting them out!