800 numbers, do you use them?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Varsity L&G, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

Wondering if it would make the company look more professional or not if it was put on the flyers.

2. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

I use them. Think about it all the big companies nation wide use 800 numbers.

Think how easy it is to remember my number. 1-800-lawncare.

1-800 flowers.

I see no value in just a 800 number it have to be applicable for people to remember.

1-800-4 lawn doctor

You can have the same number in your area, check out www.1800lawncare.com for more details

3. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

I had one with my business I sold from MA. 800-281-GROW. Worked well in that area because most people came from out of state to their 2nd homes.

At one point someone started running a commercial on the radio in NY and Boston for herbal hair replacement pills and their # was 888-281-GROW.......I ended up with a bunch of their business!

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi Varsity Lawn and Garden,

I think it creates a feel that the company is larger. Where do most of your calls come from? Are they local? If so you might not need it. Would it be more helpful to spend that money elsewhere?
    <table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Free Invoice Background Template Graphics.</center>

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Used one for yrs. It gets me a lot of calls that I would not get if people had to pay to make the call. 1 job more than pays for the # At least for me