800-rock solid plugger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ant, Mar 18, 2003.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

got a price today=$3150/honda motor for the 600....

my question is

1.is that the price for them?
    2.is the honda needed?it's a few hundred more for the honda...i 3.would only be putting not that many hours on it.
    4.are the easyer then the drum areator?
    5. if the soil i hard and dry will it pull a plug?
    6. is the 600 mod. a must to have ver. the smaller one?

2. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

I own the PL800 and love it. It pulls incredible plugs compared to the Drum type aerators and it is so much easier to use.

I bought the PL800 with the Briggs 6.5hp direct from Plugr and I paid $2495. I suggest you call Dee there and talk to her. She will be very helpful.

I know some people swear by the Honda engines and I agree they are a better engine -- but I could not seem to justify the $300 surcharge.

The Pl800 is the same width as the PL600, but it has two extra tines put int hat same width. This allows for much closer plugs and virtually eliminates ever having to go over and area twice. I would not go with the PL400 -- it is designed for homeowners to use -- not pros trying to do as many lawns as possible to make a profit.

I have done about 25 aerations with it so far this year and I would not ever think about another drum aerator - they are old technology and have no benefits over a cam type aerator.

Good luck to you! Let me know if I can be of any more help. I'm starting to feel like a Plugr salesman -- but I just love this machine and want others to see it's benefits.

3. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

thanks for your replies.
    i call today and the only dealer is 100 miles away....