1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

84or 96 lazers?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Tim Baden, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Tim Baden

Tim Baden LawnSite Member

I heard a rumor that you guys are comming out with a 84"lazer next year.I also heard you are looking at the idea of a 96"lazer.Is this true?Sure could cut some serious commercial accounts with those mowers.If this is true what kind of price tag are we looking at,just a ballpark idea? Thanks.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

I am not aware of any plans for these two deck widths however a lot of people will tell you that I don't know everything, some will tell you I don't know anything.

I guess it really comes down to what happens with this thread and other market research tools we use. How many of you guys would like to see an 84" or 96" Lazer for your landscape business? Is this a product that could be better utilized by schools, cities, government etc.?

Let us know what you think.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

How exactly would you trailer something that big? It would be fun, but I don't think it would benefit me. Some others might could use something like that.
  4. Tim Baden

Tim Baden LawnSite Member

That's a good question.Sure would need a big trailer for those witch would cost big bucks and I bet the price for the mowers would be big time.But like you said sure would be fun trying them out.
  5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Seems to me that anything bigger than 5' - 6' is just too big for one deck. Bigger jobs that could utilize 7' - 14' cuts can also acomodate bigger equipment. This has already been invented.....Look at the Toro, Jake, JD, etc batwing mowers. They utilize an outfront deck with 2 retractable wing decks. I see some Colleges and school districts using these "BIG" batwing mowers, when they "should" be using a couple new 72" XP's. You can buy 3 XP's for the price of a small batwing mower!
  6. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

I know I couldn't use it on the majority of properties I do, but for some people maybe it would be worth the investment. Good idea, but I dont know if Exmark would make alot of money off them-there just doesn't seem to be a LARGE maket for them.