$.86 for gas!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by morturf, May 25, 2002.

1. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

That's right gas war!!! People are crazy enough to wait in line for over and hour for this. Amazing. Right now all other stations in town are 1.26 and there are 2 that are running .86 and .89. What a kill.

2. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

Things people due to save a little $. It isnt worth my time to wait.
  3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

maybe if everyone only bought it at the station for .86 the others would have to lower theirs, then everyone else would and we'd have a little more profit. just a thought.
  4. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

Its on special here today $1.95US a gallon,were being robbed:angry: .Usually been around $2.20US a gallon the last month.
  5. petemoss

petemoss LawnSite Member

Holy cairn. I would probably have to get one of those little rechargeable battery powered Black and Decker push mowers. :)
  6. maple city

maple city LawnSite Senior Member

Morturf, I want to know where you live! Near me??

I have to admit I did wait in a 45 minute line on 9/11 to get gas. I got swept up in the crazy notion that life as we knew it was going to stop after the attacks, and went along with everyone else. The gas stations put a $10.00 limit on gas that day. There were places in Indiana that got it big trouble for selling gas at $3-$5/gallon.
  7. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

Dang Big Jim. Hate it for ya.
  8. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member

i panicked, and filled everything up on 9/11 also. marathons around here raised their price up to $5.00 a gallon.

.86 a gallon. Heck, i'd drive there with a tanker at that price. :) then sell it here for $1.35 LOL-J/K