86 More days.......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Carolina Cutter, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

86 more days till my season starts. Hurry...hurry...hurry.........I am so bored.

Find myself spending a lot of time on the internet looking for ways to improve the business and offer more services.

What are you guys doing??

2. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Boredom? What is that? I need more time!

What am I doing?
    Incorporating
    Insurance
    New computer
    New website
    New equipment
    Hiring employees
    Talking to accountant
    Business Plan
    New phone line
    Advertising
    Get set up for credit cards
    Buying and learning software

Nope, no bordom here.

Oh yeah, I am also doing the opposite of what you are doing. I am trying to find ways to limit my services and increase profits.

3. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Before I think on that I kind of want my season to end first Dec 19th still going.

4. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of service are you still doing man??? payup payup

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I looked at your profile merlin, and I thought for sure I would see "first year in business"... Oh well, there goes that theory. We too finished up our 6th year in business like yourself, but we are not bored. It seems as the years go on, we enjoy the time off in the winter more and more. I remember though after finishing our first year, we were so ready for the start of season 2. I think the longer one is in business, the harder it is to stay motivated. At least in our case this holds true.

6. B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc LawnSite Member

Like Kelly's said we are still working here to. Fertilizing and winterizing. Weed spraying, tree service, still mowing some yards and even holiday lighting but we are just now getting our first blast of cold air here in bama. :waving:

7. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

What am I still doing clean ups I have just 6 more to go and I am done thank god.

8. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We are still working: cleaning up leaves, pruning, cutting some grass, and doing extras for customers. It has just really started to get cold here also. I am kinda looking forward to some time off to work on equipment and have some free time. I will also be splitting a good bit of firewood for my house only.

9. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

I'm ready for my season to start as well. In the meantime I'm working on some advertising plans, small shop projects, getting ready for taxes, and hoping for some snow so I'm bringing in a little winter revenue.

10. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I am working on a cure for cancer right now. When I get that wrapped up, I'm gonna figure out how to keep this baseball team in DC. Anything to bide the time...