1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

87 chevy blazer

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by RedWolf, Mar 8, 2006.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

hey need some help guys.I got a 87 fullsize blazer.it has a 350 with the TBI and what is happing is the injectors are not shooting fuel when you try to start it.i changed the box in thedistrbtor that the wires hook to and checked to see if if it would shoot fuel and nothing.the fuel pump works because fuel is getting to the TBI body.I changed the cap and rotor and nothing.tryed the map censor and nothing.I have to get it running for my father and im out of ideas.thanks for and help you can give me.
  2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Did you replace the fuel filter ? You can have fuel to the T.B. but is it enough pressure ? Have you tried resetting the computer by disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes ? The next step would be hooking up a decoder to get the failure codes and that would tell you where to go for a fix.
  3. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

ok i hook my coder to it and it reads no codes.i put a new fuel filter and reset the computer and still nothing.i cracked the line and got a eye full of gasoline

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

check and see if you have power at the connection on the injector if not there is a fuseible link off the battery to the injector that goes bad. if you have power check and see if you are getting injector pulse in the other wire. that will light up a test light going from the wire to ground while you are cranking. takes 2 people and if you are not sure how to test it take it in somewhere it is very easy to burn up a relay if you touch the wrong wire with power
  5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Your not supposed to do that. :hammerhead:
    Sorry but I'm not sure where to go next, Seems like there would have been some kind of failure code. :confused: Shame it isn't your 76 given the problem I can handle that one.

Sorry again
    Lots a luck
  6. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

if it was my 76 it would be running right now LOL.I HATE FUEL INJECTION:mad: :gunsfirin
  7. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

go to your parts store and get the real tester it should be free to rent. it could be any thing do you have spark
  8. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

you probably have bad injectors was it running funny before it stopped
  9. kapena

kapena LawnSite Member

How many miles are on the odometer? Did the engine just suddenly stop running?
    Does the "service engine soon" light still come on when you turn the ignition switch to On?
    Do you have the repair manual?
  10. jubjub5418

jubjub5418 LawnSite Member

hey you need to see if the injector is being pulsed. if you dont have a noid light ( wich is a test light to check injectors) try using a simple test light. disconect the injector harness. turn the key on and one side should have power. the other side is ground. the ecm grounds the injector therefor pulsing it. hook the test light up in series with the harness and hve someone crank the truck. if the light pulses the problem is probly the injector. if no power check the fuse that feeds the injector. if you have power,but no pulse it is probly the ecm not grounding the injecter. try replacing the ecm.