87 hours and going in for its 4th warranty claim!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Willofalltrades, Jul 19, 2008.

?

What to do?

1. Sell it

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  2. Make cub replace it

41 vote(s)
    80.4%
  3. Put up with it

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a Cub Tank last year. The machine was a left over 2006 (25hp 60" deck). I had planned to go full time back then but decided it was better to just keep a few clients and work for another LARGER company. That is why I have 87 hours on this 06... Its not used commercially. Well when I bought the machine the front anti-scalp roller fell off with in the first 5 hours of use. From there it just went down hill. I had it to the dealership for a hydraulic leak around 30 hours. At 60 hours the PTO clutch went. at 80 Hours I had to take it back for a whole slew of problems (PTO clutch adjustment, new belt, something on the crank). Not to mention the bottom bolt holding the brake lever in just randomly fell off much like the bolt holding the anti-scalp roller did. Now I had to get some buddies to help me put it on the trailer because the belt driving the pumps snapped in two. I am fed up with this lemon. what should I do?

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Demand your money back. You have a good case so far. It isn't easy but it can be done. Hustler bought my ZTR back after about that many hours.

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

First...
    A Lesson learned: Always, right after I get a brand new machine of any kind I take it home and long before I even engage the blades I go over the entire thing manually and visually inspect the whole thing piece by piece and bit by bit... Takes more than a few hours and make sure to have tools handy because always do I find at least a few things that need adjusting and it would have saved in this particular case at least two if not three out of those 4 headaches.
    'k

That having been said...
    I would go ahead and take that POS on back and demand or get a doggone refund to teach these dealers and assembly line workers a lesson because I am sick and tired of this garbage of inferior sub-standard high dollar rigmarole too!

We should not HAVE to go over a machine as I just described,
    guys like myself DO it because we can't afford down time, but
    technically and righteously speaking it is THEIR responsibility!

So when a dealer tells me with the biggest grin on his face "SHE'S READY TO GO!"
    Why is it that I still have to go over the entire thing just to make sure, and why is it that it never is really ready?
    Not that I've bought that many mowers, but the two I did buy weren't even close to being 'ready' to go...
    Had I not gone over the entire thing I would've suffered from down time and more than once.
    I tolerate this as matter of fact, but right it isn't.

So it's about time these folks start to learning how to build it right in the first place.
    That way maybe one day "Made in the USA" actually stands for something again.

We pay good, hard-earned money for our products so we want brand new things to work
    as they should, first time, every time!

4. WH401

WH401 LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry for your luck, I hate when a machine craps out too. No offense thought, but what do you expect from a company owned by MTD that specializes in sheet metal tractors.

5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

You after all DID buy a Cub Cadet. I got luck with my ordeal and Cub Cadet. I got every penny back. I'd suggest you try your damnedest to do the same. It can never be fixed by replacing the mower, you'll end up with the same thing all over again.

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I'd be asking for a refund!

7. slone

slone LawnSite Member

What Dealer Did You Get This Mower From?

8. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

wow that stinks. if i were you i would try to get my money back

9. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

I had a Ferris IS4000 that was in the shop 10 times in 2.5 months with only 83 hrs and I finally sold it back to the factory. That machine cost me $12,500 new.:hammerhead:

10. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

remember they do make all lesco mowers!