1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

89 dodge w250 NO BRAKE LIGHTS

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by jacob land and, Oct 9, 2006.

1. jacob land and

jacob land and LawnSite Member

ive got an 89 w250 with no brake lights everything else works headlights, blinkers, and cab lights etc. but in the fuse box in the cab it says in slot #9 should be a 20 amp fuse for the brake lights, and door open alarm. but there is no slot #9 i am going crazy there are no fuses are blown, i have tail lights but no reverse lights or brake lights. what do i check next? i cant find a fuse box under the hood and it dosent say anything in the manual about another box?
  2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

did you pull all the fuses to see if any are burnt? i wish you only had one of those problems at a time.
    if fuses are good then your back up lites could be the neutral safety switch and brake lites could be the brake switch.
    but you have a compound problem so check the fuses and also all the ground connections at the rear lites.
    could be a wire connection plug on the wire loom to the rear.
  3. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

our 91 dodge had no taillights in the back the brake lights worked but the running lights didnt so we jsut hard wired them to the switch and bypassed the fuse box
  4. jacob land and

jacob land and LawnSite Member

thanks guys im gonna run through everything again later today and i am gonna call the dodge dealer and see if he knew what the deal on the fuse box was