8hp B.S. flojet wont run right

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by rob223, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Run the piston to the top and make sure you blow any carbon/old gasket material from around the top of the piston/cylinder gap. Apply a small amount of oil with your finger on all the head bolt threads and torque as below;

[​IMG]

2. rob223

rob223 LawnSite Member

thank you very much. the machine is in such solid shape I really want to keep it going. Hopefully this is it. Is there any parts that would be replaced just as maintinance on a machine this old?

3. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

restrorob is the resident expert hear......

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry Rob, If you look in the top right hand corner I live in the SunShine State.

Never seen a snow thrower up close and personal....:)

All I can say is keep the oil level full and change as needed.....

5. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

We get lots of snow, on the bottom of the blower their are 2 shoes that it rides on make sure they are their and not worn or the blower will ride on the auger deck, lube the shift linkage with marine grease, I don't know your style of blower but some have auger differentials look behind the auger and see if their is a differential it may have a plug in it for gear lube check that the auger bearings may have grease Zerk's if it does shoot some marine grease in their. lube everything that moves except the friction wheel if it has one if it is rusting anywhere get some rustolium on it.

6. rob223

rob223 LawnSite Member

thank you everyone, its very nice of you to help out :) especially since I cant afford a new one or to pay someone else to fix it, it all went well, did the friction wheel also.
    Thanks