8HP Little Wonder vs 10HP Billy Goat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Nov 12, 2005.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Anybody know where I can find the specs. of the air volume and wind speed for these WB blowers. I can not find it anywhere, even on their website. Unless I am not looking close enough

2. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Billygoat. . ."Industry test standards not yet established. Volume (CFM) and airspeed (MPH) figures not included. Actual results vary according to temperature, barometric pressure and humidity."

3. tiedeman

from earth

I know, that is what is said on the website. I just wish that there was some kind of data

4. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

i beleive it was on little wonder web site. here is how they measured it (of course theirs was the best).
    They had a ramped plank, with i beleive 47 lbs. they measured furthest distance and substained distance. the BG and the LW were neck and neck, the giant vac and fradon were well behind. red max 8000 blew almost as far in the max test, but not so good in substained power. said took 3 redmax to equal the staying power of a 8hp LW.

5. Justcutitshort

Justcutitshort LawnSite Member

One of my employees has the billgoat for his personal use. The variable chute wins hands down over any other smaller blower, because of it's exceptional versitility
    Don't forget, it's not the most powerful, just better all-around.

6. tiedeman

from earth

I have owned a 10HP BG before, I am just checking out the specs though now to decide which one looks better on paper

7. tiedeman

from earth

I will probably go with a BG, but lately I have been hearing good things about RedMax as well

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know if the Little Wonder has the device to move the chute from the handle but that is a nice feature on BG. We were disappointed with the 10HP and went up to 13HP. It seemed like a Echo 650 could almost do as much work as a 10HP, doubt if that was true, but wasn't noticelable difference.

9. tiedeman

from earth

I loved my 10Hp when I had it, but I am just wondering whether I could find something that would do the same amount of work or better at a cheaper price. I think I paid about $900 for my 10HP Brigs BG about 3 years ago. But lately I have been hearing some good things about backpack blowers that do as good of a job that run around $500

10. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I just received our new Litte Wonder 9 horse honda. I have never had one before and I demo a billy goat but went with the Little Wonder. Also no comparison to our Red Max 8000 blowers. This thing will move leaves!